Support Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
Support Staff Vacancies
Salary Grade: Grade 2 (£16,495-£16,626, pro rata)
Contract Type: Part-time, term time only (38 weeks) plus two INSET days in September
Hours of Work: 25 hours per week between 9:30am and 2:30pm
Closing Date: Tuesday 17 July 2018 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
Start: 1 September 2018
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to work as part of the catering team at John Mason School, catering for our pupils and staff as well as supporting three local primary schools in the area. Working in a friendly school environment, the successful applicant will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and delivery of the daily lunch service.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of catering establishments.
• Have energy, enthusiasm and be hard working.
• Be friendly and approachable and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Possession of a Food Hygiene Certificate would be desirable.
• Be flexible with the ability to work under pressure and mange time effectively.
• Possess a clean driving license.
If you would relish being part of a dedicated, hard-working and friendly team and are looking for an opportunity to really make a difference we would like to hear from you.
An application pack is available from our website or from
CVs alone are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check