Teaching Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
CEO (Abingdon Learning Trust)
CEO (Abingdon Learning Trust)
Are you an inspirational leader ready to take our Academy Trust on the next stage of its journey?
Building on work already started, the Trustees are seeking an inspirational Chief Executive Officer/Accounting Officer to realise our vision, develop capacity for school improvement and lead the head teachers and central team forward.
This is a post for an experienced and credible school leader, or leader of a group of schools. You should have a track record of educational and leadership success and understand the distinction between leading a school and leading leaders of schools, with and through others, as well as directly.
The Trust has three schools that believe in setting high expectations through a diverse curriculum. The head teachers are passionate in their belief this can be met through a focus on developing independence, fostering a life-long love of learning and personal growth.
As Chief Executive Officer and Accounting Officer, you will need to demonstrate the strategic vision and drive to work with the Trustees in ensuring we optimise the opportunities in the fast-paced education landscape.
This is an exciting, rewarding and wide-ranging position. It requires exceptional people and communication skills as well as the flexibility to adapt the strategy to meet the needs of the changing political and economic challenges facing MATs.
The successful candidate will join Abingdon Learning Trust at a very exciting time in the development and expansion of the Trust.
The salary will reflect the calibre of the successful candidate. It is a 0.6 (fte) position, exceptionally this may be extended.
For any questions, contact the Director of Business and Finance on 01235 533583.
Closing date: Monday 9 July 2018
Shortlisting of candidates: Thursday 12 July 2018
Interview date: 19/20 July
As an Academy, Abingdon Learning Trust, is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits.
Abingdon Learning Trust has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a DBS check at an enhanced level.