Teaching Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
Teacher of English
Closes: 31st March 2017
Teacher of English
Required from September 2017 (MPS)
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Would you like to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
If the answer is yes then we would love to hear from you.
John Mason School is an aspiring school with highly supportive staff committed to providing the best education possible for our students. We are currently seeking to appoint a well-qualified Teacher of English to join our dedicated team. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to develop teaching and learning along with their own leadership skills if desired. The ideal candidate will be creative and dynamic in their teaching approach and have a passion for teaching and making a real difference to the lives of our students.
This is an exciting time to join a high profile and forward-looking faculty.
Do you have …?
• The vision, strategic skills, passion and drive to make a difference;
• Experience of raising standards and expectations;
• Evidence of success;
• The shared belief that every child matters;
• Excellent class management and interpersonal skills that motiviate and inspire.
If so, we would love to hear from you.
In return we will offer you:
• The satisfaction of being part of a dynamic and creative team;
• Students who have a desire to achieve and respect the school’s expectations;
• Programmes for supported induction and professional development.
Informal visits and conversations about the post are welcome.
Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2017
Interview Date: Applications will be processed on arrival.
Please note that CVs alone are not acceptable
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.