Teaching Staff Vacancies
As Lemov writes, ‘No one wants to spend their career at odds with the organisation they work for, trying to hide from the training it offers, or watching the philosophy change every year while thinking, this too shall pass.’
John Mason School -Cultural Fit
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture is a miserable experience. So … we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
· We believe that every child deserves a Champion.
· We believe that we can all improve as teachers.
· We believe in the limitless potential of people.
· We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students’ progress.
· We believe that teaching requires dedication and sweat.
· We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better – you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
· We believe that basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
· We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with feedback.
· We expect every teacher to plan lessons using assessment information.
· We believe that staff and students come equal first.
· We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
· We admire the generosity of spirit.
· We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
· We live by the values of Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
Teacher of MFL (German)
Closing Date: 8th July 2019
Teacher of MFL (German Specialist)
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (if post threshold)
Contract Type: Part-time (0.4-0.5 FTE negotiable), one year in the first instance.
Closing Date: 8th July 2019, 12 Noon
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified the vacancy may be closed early.
Start: September 2019 (although for NQT's a summer start would be considered.)
We are seeking a part-time qualified teacher of German, either NQT or experienced, to be part of our MFL faculty.
The MFL team is an energetic and innovative faculty under the leadership of the Director of MFL. The faculty aims to ensure that the language learning experience for all of the students is creative, challenging and enjoyable and that students achieve and exceed their potential.
At KS3, the vast majority of students study one language in year 7 and two languages in year 8. In Year 8, all students then decide which language they would like to study at KS4. For those students who wish to continue their language studies we offer French, German and Spanish at A level. High expectations are set within the faculty for both students and staff.
If you are committed to working with us and the students in your classes so that they learn about the place that languages has in the world, we encourage you to apply.
Staff well-being is noticeably valued at John Mason School. Lesson observations are formative and non-judgemental. Feedback and assessment policies are bespoke to each faculty. The Director of MFL is pro-active in supporting staff to maintain the purposeful behaviour of students in class.
The successful candidate will be:
• an enthusiastic linguist, able to ignite interest in MFL from students and colleagues.
• committed to ensuring all students reach their potential regardless of prior attainment.
• capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working in our school, across the Abingdon Learning Trust and in the wider mathematics teaching community.
• a role model for our students and staff.
• effective in setting and attaining high standards of student progress.
• active in working to develop their own teaching practice.
In return we will offer you:
• the support and satisfaction of being part of a dynamic and creative team led by very experienced staff.
• students who have a desire to achieve and respect the school’s expectations.
• a programme of supported induction and continuing professional development firmly rooted in educational research.
• a commitment to supporting the well-being of all staff.
An application pack is available from the John Mason School website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs alone are not acceptable.
Abingdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits.
Abingdon Learning Trust has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a DBS check at an enhanced level