Message from the Headteacher
The summer term is an exciting and challenging time for our students, in particular those who are taking their final examinations for GCSEs and A-Levels. It is a significant time also for those Year 6 students who will be joining us in September. We look forward to welcoming students and parents for tea on 22 April and the excitement of induction day later on 25 June.
It is a poignant term for me too, as I will be retiring at the end of the summer term after nearly eight years as Headteacher of John Mason School. However, we are delighted that Mrs Sarah Brinkley will be returning to the school to become Headteacher from September. Mrs Brinkley knows the school and local community very well; she was our Deputy Headteacher for four years 2008-12 and has since gained experience as a Headteacher in Hungerford.
There is plenty to do and look forward to in the meantime, including an action-packed summer of sports, concerts, art and school trips. We value the dedication of our staff, the commitment of our students and support from parents in all that we do to ensure every student has a successful and enjoyable year at John Mason School.
With best wishes
Ms Di Mashiter
12 / 08 / 2015
When was the last time you read a good book? I don’t mean snatched a 3 minute glimpse before you dozed off, with tomorrow’s work, what’s in the fridge for packed lunch and whether you remembered to put the bins out to avoid the ‘pyjam...
- 1st September 2015 Inset day (school closed to pupils)
- 2nd September 2015 Inset day (school closed to pupils)
- 3rd September 2015 Term 1 starts at 8.25am for Years 7, 10, 12 and 13
- 4th September 2015 Term 1 starts at 8.25am for Years 8, 9 and 11
- 16th October 2015 Inset day (school closed to pupils)
- 23rd October 2015 Term 1 ends at 3.10pm
- 26th October 2015 October holiday
- 2nd November 2015 Term 2 starts
- 18th December 2015 Term 2 ends
- 21st December 2015 Christmas holiday